Monday, May 21, 2012

Back to It

Shutterstock 100970605

Man, y'all. My life has just changed so much. I've moved. I've separated from my husband. Lorna's dad found out he had cancer. We lost my uncle Bob during a book signing tour. I broke my big toe (dropped a bird feeder on it). My sister broke an ankle, her fiancĂ© spent 15 days in the hospital with MRSA. It's just been... 

It's just been insane.

Today, Lorna and I decided we couldn't just sit and nest. We have to get out again, live our lives, and get things back to rights.

So, this morning I was at yoga. 

Confession time -- that first forward fold was brutal. I haven't so much as stretched one single muscle in two months. My muscles felt like frozen rubber bands. 

It was nuts.

But, I'm breathing. At the end of practice, my body was singing. 

It's like Zelinda said, "You really look happy."

Change is hard.

Happiness is worth it. :D

Namaste, y'all.

S.

 

Class info:

Location: The Yoga Room

Class type: Gentle

Teacher: Zelinda

No comments:

Post a Comment