Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dude, did I hit a deer?

Shutterstock 84631702

So, here's your warning. If talking about menstruation wigs you out, this is not the blog post for you, okay? Go read Lorna's post. She's not going to kvetch. Okay, cool. 

Today was going to be hard no matter what -- I was exhausted, I am sunburned, seven o'clock was early to get up. 

I'm on the rag. Yay.

Today was a super-duper crampy, grumpy, I should have stayed in bed or at least bought bigger yoga pants sort of day. Also, I was bleeding like a stuck pig. *So* pleasant. We're sitting there, grounding, setting our intention for the practice (more on this later), and I started thinking, oh. Dude. Did I hit a deer?

Then we did a hip-opener and... 

Trust me. 

It wasn't a deer.

It might have been an elk. Or a moose. A giant, hemophiliac moose. A giant, hemophiliac moose with a crack addiction and a temper and his hoof in the center of my belly.

That moose.

Then we leaned back. O.o

It's so awkward, too, yeah? Twisting and moving and thinking, please. Please let me get through shavasana without having a catastrophic accident wherein I will have to lay on my belly in the backseat so that we don't stain the new cream colored seats in the car. (Note to self -- extra set of clothes and a huge fluffy OLD towel in the back.)

I can admit it, I tend to avoid yoga that time of the month. It's just too much to face, but I only have so many days free this week and I needed a stretch and...

Well, let's just say that when your intention for the class is "Please don't let me look like I committed murder when we're done," you'd better wear a black t-shirt with your yoga pants. ;-)

Namaste, y'all.

S.

 

Class info:

Location: The Yoga Room

Class type: Hatha I

Teacher: Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment