Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A week of yoga

Hey, y'all!

I think Shawn mentioned it's been crazy hereabouts, and once I get out of the habit of blogging, well, off I go...

After nearly two months I went back to yoga last week. Two classes with Zelinda and one with Angela. We've done one with Angela this week, as well, though we missed Monday thanks to the holiday.

I had thought about blogging about muscle memory, as my body, while stiff, remembered everything just fine.

Instead, I'll blog about yesterday. I set my intention as "acceptance". I have a lot in my life right now I just have to accept, whether it suits me or not. I may not love it, but there it is. A lot of it is family related, and y'all know how that is. You can love 'em, not change 'em.

So, I thought that was suitably vague as well as specific. Clear as mud?

Yeah, for me, too. I have had the worst couple of days accepting things, from my strengths to my limitations, to the laws of physics... Hey, you try doing a spinning, Jazzercise style catch of a buttered piece of English muffin.

So, what can I do? I can think of the mudra Angela had us do yesterday.

That one is for wisdom. While I might not like accepting all of this stuff, I can learn from it.

So, there. Ha.

Looking forward to my next lesson,

Lorna

No comments:

Post a Comment