Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Buzz buzz buzz

IStock 000000906805Small

See the big buzzy bee?

That's usually me. I'm a busy person. I wake up and I go. I drink a lot of coffee (not as much as I used to), I work a lot, I go.

Then there's the internal bee-ness. All writers I know live with this -- you have a cast of millions in your head telling you stories, 24/7. They poke and whisper, demand and fuss, fight and struggle. No matter what happens, they're there, and I'm incredibly grateful, every second of every day for them. They're my career, my life and my passion.

Sometimes, though, I crave a second of silence. (Don't tell them.) That's yoga for me. I've said from the beginning the yoga is the only place where I think about yoga -- just yoga. Not vampire yogis, not bull riders in love with a yoga teacher, not an assassin with a penchant for environmentalism and yoga.

Not Cajun werewolves, a gate to hell in Dripping Springs, zombie cats in east Texas, werepumas in New Mexico, an entire rodeo town (wherein there's this little girl going blonde to catch the eye of a cowboy and he's breaking up with his current girl and he doesn't even know she exists, but he's going to and there's going to be this fight at the county fair and...)

See?

This is where I live.

And I love it.

But I love it when I'm practicing and all I hear is my breath, too.

:D

Namaste, y'all.

S.

 

Class info:

Location: The Yoga Room

Class type: Hatha I

Teacher: Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment