Tuesday, March 6, 2012

two days to catch up on



Shawn and I had a long weekend on the road. We left Wednesday to go to Dallas, then Saturday down to Houston. Then Sunday home.

We took one of our dogs to Shawn's daddy's. Kiss, the pitbull, just wasn't fitting in. Daddy fenced in an acre and a half for her, and oh, y'all, you should see her run. She loves her new yard, and she's ready for daddy to be her human.

Still, it was hard to admit we'd failed her a little. That we weren't the best family for her. It hurt my heart.

After the accident, Kissy leaving, and being on the road for days, I was feeling a little cracked.

The best thing I could do was go back to gentle yoga Monday. After class I felt so much looser in my skin, so much better. My back was so tense and I didn't even know it until I laid out on the floor at the beginning of class.

Today we followed that up with Angela's hatha I class. We focused on swadhisthana, or the sacral chakra today, which is all about acceptance and renewal. That was the perfect thing. It was just so timely for me. I feel a lot like the little weed in the picture, ready to poke back out of the cracked mess and start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment