Sunday, January 29, 2012

Class Eleven of the 40 Day Challenge, or Trying to Breathe

Shutterstock 57951799

So, I'm at the end of the head cold of doom. I'm not contagious. I was able to ponder forward folds without hysterical tears or exploding sinuses. So, off to Hatha I.

I'm great.

I'm solid.

I'm feeling good.

We start class and I start to (try to) breathe and all I can do is think, "Don't cough."

The tickle in my throat got worse. I swallowed.

Then, "Don't. Cough."

Then the tickle became a scratch.

DON'T COUGH!

I swallowed harder.

All that happened? Coughing.

Hacking.

There was a bit of wheezing.

I might have cried a little.

Finally the tickle backed off and I finished class.

The good news? My head did not explode.

Much.

;-)

S.

 

Class info:

Location: The Yoga Room

Class type: Hatha I

Teacher: Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment