Friday, January 27, 2012

Patience



Today in the 9:15 gentle class, we were all about patience.

I am not generally a patient person. I'm also most impatient with myself.

Today I worked hard to get my intention set in my mind and work through it. I think I did pretty well, but I have to say the stillness of the last 15 minutes of class *did* test my patience. I really had to struggle to clear my mind during the bolster work.

Patience is a turtle-slow process for me. Doing yoga six days a week is paving the way, though. Every so often I have a breakthrough.

Strangely enough, though, today it was in the car while we all settled into singing the Boxer, by Simon and Garfunkel. You know those moments when everyone agrees to stop talking and be moved by a song? Yeah. That was where my work in class finally manifested itself today.

Weird, huh?

Night, y'all!

Lorna

No comments:

Post a Comment