Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My inner thighs don't surrender


Angela's 5 o'clock gentle class tonight was about surrender. You might have seen that in Shawn's post.

I have trouble with that concept. My body and mind fight it. I'm not sure why, as I would hardly call myself a control freak. I am a huge procrastinator, though, which means I do have trouble surrendering to the fact that some things must get done.

I was pondering that when we were laying on our backs doing a variation on the bound ankle pose. I pressed the soles of my feet together, let my knees fall to the sides. Uh-huh. You should have seen my inner thighs, y'all. My legs were flapping like duck wings, and it was all involuntary movement. My muscles were so not surrendering. It made me giggle, but it also made me think of all the things I've been putting off and why. Why I'm resisting.

I'm not sure I came to any conclusions, but it was sure worth mentioning.

Thanks to the lightning strike that hit just outside our house at 7am and the resulting chaos, I was pretty stressed tonight. Class put me in a much better mood, so I think I must have surrendered something, right?

Night y'all!

Lorna

No comments:

Post a Comment