Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Class Two of the 40 Day Challenge, or How Zelinda Saved an Editor's Life

DSCN1309

So, this morning when I went into yoga I had rage.

I got one of those work-related emails that surprise you at first, then hurts really bad, then knocks you on your butt. Then you have the rage.

Like the I'm going to hit something with a shovel rage.

Fortunately for me, and for the writer of said email, I went to Hatha I.

We bent. We balanced. We twisted. We dogged. I sweated and panted and possibly grunted a little.

I breathed. A lot.

One of the things that I know about yoga is that, when I'm doing yoga, that's all I can think about. I can't worry about work or deadlines or sales or pissed off editors or nasty reviews or...

I think about not falling down.

I think about breathing.

I think about how my butt hurts or how my rib just popped back in (yay).

If I'm super lucky, I stop thinking and just am for a few seconds.

Today, Zelinda offered me a place to just let the rage go. Am I still mad? Yeah. Yeah, I really am, and my feelings are hurt, but it happens and I'll fix it or I won't and I can breathe and delete the email instead of reading it obsessively.

Go Yoga. Saving lives, one downward dog at a time.

Namaste, y'all.

S.

 

Class info:

Location: The Yoga Room

Class type: Hatha I

Teacher: Zelinda

No comments:

Post a Comment