Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dragging Ass

Hey, I wish I could say I was talking about the donkey that lives in the pasture across the road from us, but I can't. We had a party last night at the Rio Grande (So yummy) and then some of Shawn's old high school friends came to the house to catch up.

They were grand. We had stories and fun and laughing. Until 2:30 am. Now, mind you, I had no tequila instead of the 4 Shawn had, as I was driving, but I also need about two more hours of sleep than Shawn a night.

Even with two cat naps today, I was dreading Hatha 1 at 6:15 with Stacy. I pulled myself up off the couch, got my yoga clothes on, and went, though, because I'm on class six of 30 and I'm not about to give up yet.

Stacy was new to me, and I found her encouraging and constantly offering minor adjustments that taught me new things about old poses. The best part, aside from the fact that we spent maybe three minutes in down dog, was the fact that when I set my intention tonight, I had one word come to mind.

Energy.



I've been so draggy and blah today that the dogs have been worried, and I just wanted to get a little energy flowing through me.

It worked. I swear, as I went through the poses, my smile came back, my energy improved, and I thought I might make it to see tomorrow. Some days I fight my body all the way, but tonight I worked with it.

It would still be way funnier if I was pulling that donkey across the way around the block...

No comments:

Post a Comment