Monday, January 30, 2012

Make like a bunny!



Class twelve. Gentle at 9:15 with Zelinda

Let me tell you, y'all, that while this as not a heavy duty warrior class, it was not gentle on my hips or chest. Wow, we opened a lot of things. Who even thinks about the muscles between their ribs?

Me. I do. Now.

Maybe for the next week.

On the good side (what, opening up is good, but sore is kind of on the side of suck) we revisited a pose I hadn't done in maybe a year today. Rabbit. Go from tall kneeling to folding forward. Grab your heels. Put the TOP of your head on the floor. Do this without falling over. Voila. Rabbit.

I have never been able to get into this pose before. I have never been able to attempt it without massive amounts of ow.

Today, my head went, ploop. Right on the floor. Skadoosh.

Go me.

I made like a bunny!

Hooray yoga!

2 comments:

  1. It is my goal to make "skadoosh" a working part of my vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blame Kung Fu Panda, but I love that word ;)

    ReplyDelete