Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Class 23 of the 40 Day Challenge, or I Lied when I said Zelinda Broke my Butt

Shutterstock 758977

So, today in pilates (pre-class starting, of course), we were joking about how Zelinda broke our butts in Tuesday's Hatha class.

I believe Michelle took this as a challenge, because I can tell you, definitively, that my butt was only cracked when pilates started. Now it is busted.

Broke.

In serious trouble.

O.o

(I swear, y'all, that is some hard work in that class. I don't doubt for a second that I'm putting out the effort.)

Now for a goofy, broken-butt related story.

When I was wee, I was even more literal than I am now, believe it or not. One day I was at my pappy's house and I fell on my backside, hard. My pappy swooped in, scooped me up and patted my butt, then stopped still.

Then he blinked, grabbed my hand, and put it on my tush.

"Shawn Anne," he said, oh so seriously. "You've broken your butt. There's a crack going straight down the middle."

I think I probably stopped screaming about two and a half weeks later.

My mother still winces when someone tells that story. I'm 90% sure that she still has part of the headache that caused, 38 years later...

;-)

Namaste, y'all.

S.

 

Class info:

Location: The Yoga Room

Class type: Pilates

Teacher: Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment