Friday, February 3, 2012

releasing toxins



Day 15 of yoga challenge was all about the loads we carry.

Okay, so it was also about classic jazz and blues like Feelin' Good, Long Time Comin' and Fever. There might have been dancing. I drew the line at singing along, not wanting to disturb anyone. Shawn hummed and tapped her toes in the forward folds.

But!

When Angela said it wasn't how heavy the load is but how we carry it, I set my intention today to get rid of all the barriers to my health I've been carrying.

Today I was really feeling the upper respiratory goo I've been dealing with. I decided to breathe it out, metaphorically. (Don't worry, I'm not contagious)

I tell you what, y'all. As I worked through the poses, I could feel the heaviness in my chest and lungs working itself out, and I felt like I was really pushing out the bad and letting the good push in.

It was kind of awesome, even if I did feel like I needed a nap after practice.

Now if I could just get my sinuses to get on board...

The dancing part was really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment