Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Magic peanut




(is anyone else singing, "Spear and magic helmet!"?) No? Just me?

So, class 23 found us back at pilates. (waves at Michelle)

I brought a little inflatable ball shaped like a peanut. I hoped it would help me do roll ups.

Not so much. I still flail like an overturned turtle. Still, it helped me do other things, where I needed support for my head or lower back. And I managed rockers, which I have tried in the past and failed miserably at.

There was one move for which the magic peanut was no help. Squat. Put your palms on the floor. Turn your knees to one side. Try to stick your leg out.

Fall over and laugh hysterically.

Boom.

Maybe the magic peanut would have cushioned me when I toppled. I'll have to ponder that usage...

No comments:

Post a Comment