Friday, February 17, 2012

Class 24 of the 40 Day Challenge, or My Joints are Frozen

Shutterstock 11760910

So, Thursday afternoon I ate wheat.

I am allergic to wheat in that horrifying, swollen, please give me morphine sort of way and this morning? I felt rusted shut.

I would get into a pose and then Angela would say, "Now, let's move into this next incredibly easy, peaceful, gentle pose," and my body would scream at me.

Every pose.

It happens. I know it does. My joints will hurt for two or three more days. My stomach is swollen about 10 inches bigger than Thursday morning. It bites.

Still, I went to practice. I did my thing. In savasana, I chased a little white dot of light.

It's the last week of the challenge next week -- for those of you following along, this blog is a source of endless joy and I fully intend to record my post-yoga/pilates/possibly zumba thoughts from here on out. :D

Now, I have to decide whether to go to 8 am class tomorrow for gentle or hatha I at 915...

Namaste, y'all.

S.

 

Class info:

Location: The Yoga Room

Class type: Gentle

Teacher: Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment